- Thank God for the last-minute open He doors to show “JESUS” on television over the Christmas holidays in a key Near Eastern country. Pray for the follow-up of those who responded to the call to follow Christ. In 2019 more than 110 million people watch or heard “JESUS” on television or radio.
- Praise God for the funds for the ministry that He provided throughout 2019 and especially at the end of the year! More people will now be reached because of the generosity of friends like you. More languages will be recorded; more teams will soon be equipped and sent, and more new churches will be planted.
- I had five nice days visiting family over Christmas. Our mother turns 96 in a couple of weeks!
- Lift up the work of adding more Indian translations of “JESUS” to YouTube. India is the number one country for people to watch our films on this global social media platform, and yet we currently have only a handful of languages accessible. Pray for the work to add Indian dialects in 2020. Scores of completed Indian translations are available; pray for our Digital Strategies team as they work to add dozens of additional Indian “JESUS” films to YouTube.
- Lift up the work of partner ministries using the “JESUS” film and projection equipment to reach the lost in closed and restricted nations. God is using these partners in exciting ways, even in the most difficult places—whole families and even whole villages are responding to Christ. Pray for this spiritual harvest and for the underground church to thrive. However, this work and harvest comes at a cost; one partner reported they have lost 60 people (martyrs) since July 2019 seeking to reach the unreached with the good news on film. Pray for the safety of the believers and the work of partners in closed nations.
- Although I am still catching up from year-end, I will be in Florida for 10 days which includes multiple meetings, one of which I have been asked to speak twice; pray for my preparations. Pray for managing the balancing act of keeping up, while being away. 🙂
“So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.” 2 Thessalonians 2:15-17 (NIV)